The Malaysian government has emphasized on the importance of education as one of the most important sectors of growth for the country. With this in mind, the Ministry of Education and other related governmental bodies have made available many types of financial packages from banks, financial institutions, state departments, government-linked agencies and local organizations which basically offer scholarships, loans and financial aid to Malaysian students.
CICT has a dedicated department called the Bursary and Financial Aid Department which helps students in their applications and processing for study loans from the various financial bodies. Students can request for details and forms from the department. The following financial bodies that provide aid are:-
• PTPTN loan is open to ALL DIPLOMA and DEGREE full-time students with a minimum of three (3) credits in SPM.
• Maximum loan approved for 3 year-DIPLOMA Program is RM 24,000
• Maximum loan approved for 3 year-DEGREE Program is RM 48,000
MAJLIS AMANAH RAKYAT (MARA)
The MARA loan is open to only BUMIPUTRA DIPLOMA students for 4 approved programs (as stated below). Students must possess a minimum five (5) credits in SPM including Bahasa Malaysia , Mathematics and Science :-
1) Diploma in Information Technology
2) Diploma in Multimedia Application
3) Diploma in Computerized Graphic Design
4) Diploma in E-Business
• ADVANCED CERTIFICATE students from Cosmopoint College of Technology with CGPA 2.00 and a credit in Bahasa Malaysia in SPM are also eligible to apply for the MARA loan when they proceed to the DIPLOMA Program.
EMPLOYEES PROVIDENCE FUND (EPF)
• Students may opt for EPF withdrawal either from their own EPF Account II or their parents account.
• EPF withdrawal can be made on a yearly basis.
• EPF withdrawal can also be used to reimburse fees which have been paid to the University/College.
• EPF withdrawal can also be used to settle study loans from loan sponsoring bodies.\